3 Bottles Free Same Day Delivery Sydney | Next Day Delivery Melb Mon, Tues & Thurs | 4 Wines Free Carbon-Neutral National Delivery | 10% Off 6 Bottles

2020 Animale Amber Gris

Yarra Valley, Victoria

We get chewy pears, quince and hints of grapefruit. It's the perfect entry-level orange wine. Dave Mackintosh fell in love with the Yarra Valley style and potential, so here is his contribution. Dave: 70% of the Pinot Gris was pressed directly to 500L old puncheons to undergo natural fermentation, the remaining 30% was gently de-stemmed to open-top fermenters to get some skin contact. Natural fermentation started after a few days, when we started to push the grapes around and extract colour, flavour and tannin. 
Vendor
Animale
Regular price
$27
Sale price
$27
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Quantity must be 1 or more

  • ADDED SULPHITES (MG/L)
    Minimal
  • FILTERED
    No
  • FINED
    No
  • SKIN CONTACT
    Yes
  • VINEYARD HEALTH
    Organic
  • YEAST
    Wild
View Metric Info +
2020 Animale Amber Gris
About the maker

Dave Mackintosh was one of THE original dudes making orange wine from Gris in Australia.

Dave wanted to make wine that we know YOU the people want to drink, packaged up and priced accordingly. One of his main missions was to find the right growers for the project, folk who can work with him to get the most out of their place on the planet. He has not let us down.
See the Animale collection here